We think mentoring is just as impactful to the mentor as it is to the mentee. Teenagers tend to model authenticity and resiliency in the face of adversity, which we adults could always use more of. Our mentors must possess the following qualities:
- Willingness to take initiative
- Sincere desire to make room in their life for a teenager
- Sincere respect for teenagers
- Active listener
- Able to see solutions and opportunities
- Ability to see another person’s value and help them discover their potential
We want to be clear about the commitment it takes to mentor because it’s very important to us and our teens that their mentors stick around. Please read below to learn about our mentor requirements.